Internetstores Uses NPS® to Strengthen Customer Centricity
Case Study / published in July 2019 by Susan Pfundt
As part of the SIGNA Sports Group, Internetstores is Europe‘s leading online platform for bikes and outdoor equipment — with over 40 different online shops in 14 countries, stores in Germany, Sweden, and France, and a growing network of local service partners.
In order to gain detailed insights into the customers’ shopping experience, identify improvement potential in the customer journey, and reduce customer churn, Internetstores relies on the retention management platform zenloop. The Stuttgart-based company was founded by René Köhler in 2003 and has been using zenloop to query NPS feedback at three touchpoints since 2018. This way, Internetstores reveals opportunities for improvement, tackles the problems communicated by churning customers, and regains these customers through personalized contact. The focus here is particularly on integration in all “after-delivery” emails throughout Europe.
As the leading online platform for bike and outdoor in Europe with different shops, brands, and target markets, Internetstores is confronted with divergent customer groups and wishes, which consequently requires different approaches and methods to increase customer loyalty. In order to generate detailed insights into the character of these, to conduct further analyses, and to convert them into personalized actions, a SaaS solution is needed that automates this process and yet still provides the possibility of individual activities.
To evaluate the delivery process in various countries, Internetstores uses the NPS query via e-mail embed. For additional insights into pain points and customer satisfaction, the NPS is also gathered after contact with customer service – also using email embed as a channel.
In addition to the SaaS solution, zenloop also gave guidance on sending times and the relevance of touchpoints in order to optimize the response rate with regard to the desired results. The strategic consulting raised the response rate to 30% and the comment rate to 50%.
In order to increase customer centricity, Internetstores installed monitors in their offices that display different dashboards using the zenloop Live Feed. This way, customer feedback is carried in real-time into the company and across all departments.
“By integrating zenloop, we get an accurate picture of the satisfaction of our customers and their purchasing behavior. This allows us to develop actions according to the different rating types and customer value.”
Internetstores identified a clear sales potential for promoters with zenloop and measured the influence of the customer experience on company KPIs:
- The repurchase rates of promoters are 62% higher than those of detractors. This maximizes the sales potential of satisfied customers and opens up additional sales opportunities – if recovery measures are successfully applied to churning customers.
- On the basis of customer feedback and zenloop‘s guidance, dedicated systems of actions were developed from which “close-the-loop” measures can be derived with regard to customers and the company itself.
For the future, Internetstores is planning to further intensify their cooperation with zenloop.
How Internetstores closes the feedback loop for their customers
- Satisfied customers are forwarded to review portals to support acquiring new customers.
- Individually tailored offers and retention actions increase the customer value of promoters and passives.
- The integration with CRM and customer support tools enables winning back churning customers.
How Internetstores closes the feedback loop within the company
- “Close-the-loop” actions increase customer-centricity.
- Daily reports show the development of the aggregated NPS across all brands and countries.
- Smart labels cluster feedback thematically. Teams are informed in real-time.
- Live feeds to ensure maximum feedback transparency, even without direct customer contact.